Daycares
Today I’m going to rant a little. The last two weeks my kids have been in daycare for the first time, they’ve been around other kids, at church and at home, but this is the first time they have been to in an official Daycare setting. They are doing well, my son cried everyday when I dropped him off for the first week, (that was hard on mom) but the second week he took his stuffed pig with him and has been fine. But I have problem, the director of the day care looks very, unkept. Now, I run an in-home-day care (part time) and I understand that child care is messy work and you can’t wear professional clothing, such as suits or dressy clothes, but seriously try and at least look clean. Messy, greasy hair and torn, ragged, and dirty clothing are NOT appropriate in any circumstances! Add to this the fact that they are already raising our rates and the teachers are not getting paid and you have a situation that makes me very uncomfortable. Luckily, when I called another daycare closer to my house, they had 2 openings! I went by last night to pick up the paperwork to get the kids enrolled and was pleasantly impressed. A clean, casually dressed, director met me in a large, open, play area. She told me that my daughter would be learning and doing seatwork similar to what she would do in Kindergarten, she took me around and introduced me to the teachers. All the rooms were bright and clean, with children’s art work adorning the walls. The only catch that I saw, was that they have to be enrolled full time, I’m on state assistance and I am only approved for 4 days, since those are the days I have classes, but when I compared the prices the daycare they are at now is charging the same amount for 4 days as they charge for 5! I am sold! This means that, since I am paying for five days I can send them to daycare on Friday, my day off from classes, if I need to, and since my husband has some vacation time he needs to use up, it looks like we might have some Date “Days” on Fridays now! That is something to look forward to, not to mention that I would be way more comfortable with the care my children are receiving and I won’t waste gas driving clear across town 4 times a day, the new daycare is walking distance from my home!
Now my only concern is finding a part-time job during the semester break so that I won’t have to pay extra to keep them enrolled! If anyone hears of something let me know!
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment